Many organizations are using the OWASP Top 10 to focus their application security and compliance activities. The concept: build processes to prevent the ten most serious web-based attacks, and reduce security risks and development costs.
From a management perspective, application security is a difficult topic. Multiple parties within an organization are involved, as well as a varying collection of technologies intended to provide better security. As new threats and regulations create moving targets, it has become increasingly difficult to connect proposed remedies with specific results.
However, many leading enterprises have found an approach that cuts through much of this complexity. They are using the OWASP Top 10 list of critical security risks to focus their application security and compliance initiatives.
In this management briefing we will answer the following questions:
- Why is application security important?
- What is the OWASP Top 10?
- How can the OWASP Top 10 be used to transform application security?
- How can the OWASP Top 10 help with compliance?
- Is this approach cost-effective?
- What Tools are available to ensure best practices around the OWASP Top 10?